Bevilacqua Research Corporation Systems Engineering and Integration Intern in Huntsville, Alabama
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation (BRC) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned, Small Business based in Huntsville, Alabama incorporated in 1992. BRC provides “best-value” technical and management solutions to a diverse government and commercial customer base in the following key business areas: test & evaluation, systems analysis & integration, security & intelligence, and R&D.;
Do you want to learn more about NASA’s launch vehicle and spacecraft development and flight operations? The NASA Space Launch System (SLS) Program at Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC) is the next launch vehicle (LV) that continues the United States’ human space flight and robotic spacecraft traditions following the Space Shuttle and the Saturn V.
As part of the SLS Program, the Spacecraft/Payload Integration and Evolution (SPIE) office has the responsibility for the analysis, design, development, assembly/integration, and test of the SLS Integrated Stage and Payload Element (ISPE) [upper stage] payload accommodations and LV adapters and fairings. The SPIE office also has the exciting task of integrating spacecraft and payloads into SLS throughout the lifecycle of a flight mission.
We are looking for a systems engineering and operations intern to join our team. During this internship you will have the opportunity to work on exciting tasks to establish processes and requirements for integrating and certifying the SLS ISPE upper stage. You will gain experience performing analysis to develop requirements for assembling, integrating, testing and launch preparations, and the flight operation of the ISPE in-space vehicle and satellite payloads. With the SLS launch vehicle scheduled for an Exploration Mission 1 (EM-1) launch in late 2019, your specific tasks are exciting, timely, and important to a successful EM-1 mission.
For anyone eager to begin a career in the aerospace industry, this internship offers you the opportunity to add value both to NASA and to your educational experience!
- Develop real time space flight operation console displays.
- Assist in defining ISPE subsystem display requirements.
- Create Graphical User Interface (GUI) Computer displays using existing display development tools.
- Test displays using recorded data files.
- Develop algorithms for monitoring various measurements,
- Define and create the SPIE office technical expert ISPE assembly support matrix Incorporate all ISPE integration, testing and launch activities.
- Cross-reference spreadsheet compilation should include: event /activity location, name of staff supporting, location of staff support, and support location infrastructure requirements.
- Support SPIE training lead to define requirements for training engineers.
- Interview ISPE technical lead engineers to define specific training objectives for real-time launch and flight duties.
- Assist in conducting training simulations internal to SLS and joint integrated simulations between SLS and other NASA remote programs.
- Pursuing a BS degree in Engineering, Science, Math, or related technical field from an ABET accredited institution is required.
- The ability to work well with a diverse and energetic team is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required - comfortable talking with and interacting with others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent analytical and math skills, with the ability to handle large collections of data, are desired.
- Excellent computer skills are desired, with experience using Web-based tools for research and accessing data. Some programming experience is desired.
- Excellent research and organizational skills and attention to detail are desired.
- Ability to receive instructions and work independently with minimal supervision is desired.
- The candidate should possess a strong interest to understand the coordination, integration, and management of a highly skilled technical team responsible for creating processes and requirements for the assembly, test, and in-space operation of the SLS ISPE upper stage.
- Must be able to provide own transportation.
Our EEO policy:
Bevilacqua Research Corporation. is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and VEVRAA federal contractor. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Job Code: 18-ESSCA-001
Location: Huntsville, AL
Clearance Required: National Agency Check