Orchid Orthopedic Solutions Laser Mark Technician in Arab, Alabama
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Primarily responsible for development and maintenance of Laser programs, processes, fixtures, and IP sheets for all laser etch production.
- Uses calipers, micrometers, and other precision measuring devices, reads basic blueprints, and operates and performs basic computer equipment.
- Works as an effective team member with a diverse group of people.
- Follows verbal and written instructions for applying laser marking; communicates product flow and issues to supervisors.
- Runs all equipment in the department.
- Maintains process setup sheets and tooling/fixture sheets to compliment Laser programs for the production floor.
- Maintains basic etch programs.
- Remains current on Laser, and CAD/CAM (CNC) programming methods and equipment.
- Assist in analyzes problems and applies problem-solving skills to resolve technical problems.
- Assist in generating simple laser programs.
- Assist in implementing improvements in Laser, possible CNC programming, general processing techniques, and tooling changes to improve part quality, schedule performance and to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Performs other duties as needed such as fixture design, drawing review, engineering documentation and follow-up, etc. Assist engineers and engineering support staff in daily functions. Might include some duties outside the Laser responsibility to ensure product quality in a cost effective and expedient manner.
- Achieves results on several projects concurrently.
- Promotes a proactive, cooperative attitude towards issues of environment, health, and safety.
- Perform other duties as required or directed by the Department Supervisor or Lead.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED
- One (1) year related work experience in a high volume manufacturing operation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in a medical manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Candidate must have the ability to be cross-functional and multi-tasked in the department.
- Quality focused, self-starter, must be willing to work as a team with other co-workers.
- Data entry skills and good basic math skills.
- Good time management skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Requires familiarity with part numbers, lot numbers and inventory control practices.
- Detail oriented
- Work all required overtime. Qualified candidates should email their resume to email@example.com. Orchid is an EEOC company.
Location: Arab AL